2009-12-01

How to scrobble vinyl records

I like to listen to music. Mostly MP3, CD, and my all-time favourite: records. Yeah, those big, black 12" monsters from your youth. Or maybe you don't even remember those...?

It also happens that I like to scrobble my music. What's scrobbling you ask? Easy: It means to track what you have been listening to, using the Audioscrobbling service of last.fm. This gives me the advantage of knowing what I listened to last week, getting recommendations on new music, and such stuff. This automatically happens when I listen using Amarok, Cog or some iPod.

But what do I do with my vinyl records? Turns out, that is simple as well. Just use Scrymble, which is available here: http://ansiform.afraid.org/scrymble/

Requirements are: Firefox, Greasemonkey and the scrymble script. I usually use Konqueror or Safari, but it's ok to have Firefox around for purposes like this. After the installation of Scrymble, you can go to RYM (http://rateyourmusic.com/) to scrobble any album listed there, either in real time, or post auditem.

PS: I actually made up the auditem. Anybody here who knows the correct form? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment